What's going on?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on?

This is a site for all of my friends to talk to each other and a way to stay in touch!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Etholos by This Chic

Go down 
2 posters

Do you like it?
Yes!
Etholos by This Chic Vote_lcap100%Etholos by This Chic Vote_rcap
 100% [ 2 ]
No...
Etholos by This Chic Vote_lcap0%Etholos by This Chic Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
This Chic
Most Active User
Most Active User
This Chic

Etholos by This Chic Empty
PostSubject: Etholos by This Chic   Etholos by This Chic EmptyThu Jan 14, 2010 8:06 pm

Alright, here's my book. I'll post it in sections, as I'm not done typing it up. Here we go:

Prologue

Far away in the magical land of Imara, there is a tale to tell. This land is lost, and was lost, but you don’t want to hear how at the beginning of a story, so let’s start at the very beginning, before even the time that most of the story took place in, many thousands of years ago, when magic was abundant, and there was always a tail to tell….
Long ago, a misty grey cat found two stones. At the same time the cat found the stones, she became lined with silver glitter. The stones became the cat’s source of magic and wisdom. Long, they lived together, high up in the Otane Mountains, and there was peace in the land of Imara….
One day, one of the stones grew larger and darker in its magic. The smaller stone became brighter to match the larger stone’s new dark shape, and the two stones went to war above the cat’s head. The cat grew tired of this war, and climbed from her home in the mountains, down to Dunda Falls. With much hope to end this fight, the cat leapt into a waterfall, landing in the fall, with a stone on each side of the water.
The Light Stone fell on the bank behind the fall, while the Dark Stone tumbled down into the brook below, and down out to sea. The cat lost her silver lining immediately after this. The cat left back to her old home, and was not seen again for many, many long years….
The Dark Stone grew in its Dark power. It tumbled down the Great River, Coroca, and out to the sea. But then, something happened, that the Dark Stone neither considered nor foresaw. When it reached Coroca’s mouth, a great tide pushed it down the shores of Imara, down to the most unknown corner of Imara. Inirath’s beaches. The Stone lay there for long years and many years after is where we finally being our story.
This is the tale of Etholos, and how the Stones changed his life, and sent him on an adventure that would title him forever….

Chapter 1 The Beginning

The late summer sun beat down on the village of Inirath. A fair headed boy bounded down the dirt road that ran through the center of the small village, a group of kids close behind him. He turned hard around the corner of s thatch house, and ducked beneath an open crate. He pulled another one up to conceal his location.
A rough, young voice called out, “Etholos! Come on out! Etholos!” Etholos giggled. He was about 8, then. A black cat past the box Etholos was in. That was Lororim, an evil cat among the village cats. Etholos watched the dark tom go, and crept from his hiding place. Lororim took no notice, and the young boy walked quietly after the night black feline.
The powerful male cat darted ahead, down the beach. Etholos followed, his young curiosity pulling him forward. The tom stopped at a black stone. Then, the stone glowed, and Lororim seemed to gain power. But not in the way of strength, though he did seem stronger, but in a way of magic. Lororim turned around, and in a haunting voice growled at Etholos, “The Dark Stone! That of legend is mine! Fear me, for my power over the darkness, which is too much for you, small human, to understand!”
A blast of dark magic came from the stone, now hovering over Lororim’s head. The blast hit Etholos in his stomach, and he fell back. Lororim cackled, “Enjoy your new self, Etholos. I doubt you will see any other one.”
Etholos saw Lororim disappear into thin air, but then he blacked out. That was the last time he saw Lororim for ten years. But we’ll get to that later.
He awoke hours later, in the late of night. The moon was up, it’s sliver phase passing into the day where it was gone. The Kind Spoon (Big Dipper) shone above Etholos’ eyes. It felt odd to him. His hearing, sense of smell, and seeing was better than ever before. But he seemed even lower and farther from the moon than before.
Etholos pulled himself to his feet, and crawled to the still ocean. Before him, he saw his own reflection. But not one of a human. Not in the least. As he watched, his body tingled. He felt change, and pain. As he backed away from the water, the pain grew, and he screamed. He felt the change, now a shape that suited his distance from the moon.
He crept back to the water, and looked in. The pain was gone, but a new one soon showed. Etholos was a cat; his fur was silver, like the moon’s pale shine. The only thing he had left of his human life was his memory and his green eyes, like none others in Inirath.
He flicked his tail and flexed his claws. But even this could not hide his new grown fear. What was he going to do? Surely, his friends and family would not take him back, for he could not tell them he was Etholos. All they would hear was scared mewls by a small cat. Then where would he stay, how could he live? A voice inside of him called, “The road, go to the road.”
Determined that the voice was not his own, Etholos turned from the water and walked back to the only road in Inirath. His friends were asleep by now, but many parents, including his, were out on the street, calling out, “Etholos! Etholos!” Oh, and how bad he wanted to reply, “I’m here! Please someone help me. I’m here!” But of course, he said no such things, in a tongue humans can understand, and the adults took no notice of the small, silver cat. Etholos walked down the road, searching for somewhere to sleep.
An orange tabby and a gray spotted cat jumped from a roof, landing quietly in front of Etholos. Etholos shrunk back. The tabby stepped forward, “Who are you?”
Etholos stuttered, “Et…Etholos.”
The grey spotted cat replied, “Odd name for a cat. Are you lost?”
Etholos replied, “In a way. I know this place well, but I do not know where to go.”
The tabby grinned, “Come with us.” The two trotted off into the brush behind the village. Etholos, scared enough, followed.
The two cats led him down through the undergrowth of the Inirath wilds, under and over the tough and thick bushes of the tangled lowlands. Soon, they passed over a low hill, and entered a low lying cave. The dark of the cave and the night outside veiled Etholos’ sight. He had to trust his nose to lead him down the winding path. He could barely scent the cats before him. But soon, the walls parted, and Etholos guessed he was in a larger area.
The two lead him to one half of the cave. If it was east or west, he could not tell. They pointed to a smaller alcove, which was lined with soft things, like spring grass, and feathers. Etholos, thankful of the help, laid down on the softness, and fell into a deep sleep. The scent of life and cats overwhelmed him, filling his nostrils before the sleep took him. He dreamt of going home and most of all, being human….again.

Ten years passed, and Etholos lived those years in the cave, as an Inirath cat.

Chapter 2 Star Glade

Etholos woke, and stretched, glancing around the familiar cave. It was 10 years, to the day, that Etholos had come here. It was also his 18th birthday. But only his closest friends knew that. And those were Uki and Lia. Uki was the orange tabby that found Etholos, and probably his closest friend. Lia was a littermate of Duci, the grey spotted cat that had been with Uki.
Etholos liked his life with the cats. It had taught him a great many things. He was now considered, among the cats, one of the best Liela, or defender. He held this job with great honor, for few had enough skill to be a Liela. Uki was the next hardest rank to earn, a Montli, or hunter. He was a skilled hunter from birth, but usually would need to have another cat, like Etholos, with him, since he couldn’t put up a really good fight.
But above either of their ranks, were the Starsingers. Starsingers were cats that had wisdom that exceeded all others. They always had an answer, or at least, most of the time. Lia was a Starsinger, for she had the greatest mind of the cats for many years. She was the first she-cat to have that place for many generations. And she was proud of it.
Uki bounded down the entrance tunnel, carrying a group of mice by their tails. He laid them down in front of Etholos, “Here you are, birthday boy. The best catch. One for each of us. You’re lucky I could catch anything. Why does your birthday have to be so later in the year?”
Etholos swatted at him, just missing as his attention went else where. Duci walked by leading a small group of cats. Scouts. The cats walked across the sleeping cave and down to the entrance to Star Glade. That’s where Lia was, and Duth, the other Starsinger.
A cream male padded through the cave. That was Wolfblood. Wolfblood was the leader of the Inirath cats, and held that rank with honor. Wolfblood followed Duci and the scouts down the dark tunnel to Star Glade.
Uki prodded Etholos, “Now we’ll never eat. They will be discussing this all day.” Etholos growled, “What if it’s about Lororim?” Uki laughed, “Yeah, right. Come on, Etholos, how long are you going to keep going on about him? Sure, it’s a real cat, but the evil part is only a myth made up to scare kits to go to bed. Why are you mad at him?”
Etholos looked away, “He changed me. I love my life here, but…” He turned to Uki, “Lororim does have power, he has dark powers that even Lia and Duth can’t explain.” Uki nodded, “If you say so…” Etholos turned to look at the cave, being his home for ten years. The western half was the lively half. Kits played there, and adult cats practiced fighting skills. The eastern half was for the rest of the cats, save the Starsingers. Starsingers would sleep, and practically live their lives in Star Glade. The passage to Star Glade was on the northern wall, while entrance tunnel was on the southern wall.
Uki stood up, and started to walk off. Etholos looked at him, “Where are you going?” Uki grinned, “Star Glade.” A gleam of mischief was in his eyes. The tabby turned tail, and darted to a small set of ledges, rough and unused. Etholos shouted at him, “Uki!”
He growled, and followed his friend. At the top, there was a small tunnel that was only big enough for Etholos to crawl through. He started down the small passage and came out on Star Point. Star Point was a ledge that you could see down from, into Star Glade, but none could see the ledge from below.
Uki smiled, “So you came…” Etholos covered Uki’s mouth with his tail, “Shhhh….”, and turned to look at the glade. It had an earthen floor, grass in a pale green shade. An opening from the weathered roof in the shape of a star let the late summer light into the room. Lia and Duth were sitting in the light. Wolfblood walked in, and sat in between the two Starsingers.
Duci spoke, “Our scouts came back, Wolfblood.” The cream tom stood, his powerful rippling, “You are dismissed, Duci.” The grey spotted tom nodded, and left. Wolfblood looked at a calico she-cat, “What have you to report?” The calico stood, “The Blacks are coming and going. I believe they are searching for something.” Lia shifted, “If Lororim truly has the Dark Stone, then….” Duth turned, “What? You don’t believe those nursery tales that Lororim has dark powers.” Lia looked up, “If Lororim has the Dark Stone, then he may be looking for the Light Stone…” The calico looked at her, “What are these Stones?”
Duth rolled his eyes, “Human tales.” Lia popped him with her tail behind Wolfblood’s back, then she stood, “The glimmer-lined cat bore them, then left them at Dunda Falls. Now, the Dark Stone has been found, but what of the Light Stone? I believe that is what Lororim seeks.” She sat, and then remained silent, as the others argued her thoughts, and then became deep in conversation.
Etholos froze. The Light Stone. The answer was before him, and he had not seen it. If he could find the Light Stone, then maybe, he could change back. “I’ll sneak out tonight and head to Dunda Falls. I know it is north of here, and far away. If I can get across the Coroca, I may be able to find it,” he thought.
Etholos looked back down. The group was leaving Star Glade. He looked for Uki. The tom’s scent went back down the passage. Etholos squeezed down the hidden path, and leapt out of the entrance hole, and racing to Uki’s side, was sitting by his fresh kill.
Back to top Go down
http://wolf85.forumotion.com
Madier
Admin
Madier

Location : Alabama... Wishing I was somewhere else, and it's not what you may think...

PostSubject: Re: Etholos by This Chic   Etholos by This Chic EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 10:56 pm

Etholos... Arros.. They kinda sound the same in my mind. . . Does this have anything to do with Nileve's Journal?
Back to top Go down
http://madier1095.omgforum.net
This Chic
Most Active User
Most Active User
This Chic

PostSubject: Re: Etholos by This Chic   Etholos by This Chic EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:09 pm

Yes, Etholos is one of Nileve's decendents. This story is set about 10,000 years after Nileve settles Amori.
Back to top Go down
Madier
Admin
Madier

Location : Alabama... Wishing I was somewhere else, and it's not what you may think...

PostSubject: Re: Etholos by This Chic   Etholos by This Chic EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 11:10 pm

Okay, well you'll have to find a way to briefly tell me that family tree of her's one day... Wink
Back to top Go down
This Chic
Most Active User
Most Active User
This Chic

PostSubject: Re: Etholos by This Chic   Etholos by This Chic EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:17 pm

That would actually be pretty short, Nileve's family is long lived, she lived to be 11,089, the longest in her family, beating Etholos only by a couple years.
Back to top Go down
Madier
Admin
Madier

PostSubject: Re: Etholos by This Chic   Etholos by This Chic EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:30 pm

okay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Etholos by This Chic   Etholos by This Chic Empty

Back to top Go down

Etholos by This Chic
Page 1 of 1