What's going on?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's going on?

This is a site for all of my friends to talk to each other and a way to stay in touch!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Author's License's by This Chic

Go down 

What do you think?
Amazing! Love it!
Author's License's by This Chic Vote_lcap100%Author's License's by This Chic Vote_rcap
 100% [ 1 ]
Horrible
Author's License's by This Chic Vote_lcap0%Author's License's by This Chic Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
When are you going to finish Etholos?!
Author's License's by This Chic Vote_lcap0%Author's License's by This Chic Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

AuthorMessage
This Chic
Most Active User
Most Active User
This Chic

Author's License's by This Chic Empty
PostSubject: Author's License's by This Chic   Author's License's by This Chic EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:23 pm

New title! Working on this one solely till I finish it! Here's Chapter One, part one, I'll get the prolouge in in soon!

Chapter One - Moving

I looked out the window, and watched the landscape roll by. It was our second day driving on our move out to Colorado Springs, Colorado. My dad had got stationed at Fort Carson just before Christmas last year, and now we were moving. Again. I'm an Army Brat and trust me, I wouldn't trade it for the world, but moving is still hard. And all the way to Colorado! I mean, from LA (Lower Alabama) to the middle of the Rockies!
Well, in all honesty, I had been in Colorado last summer vacation, a bit north of my new home. It was beautiful! But so high up! We were in Kansas right now and my mom's tan Pacifica next felt so small before. I sighed, and watched the miles of corn fields roll by. I never knew so much corn could be in the same place at once! Well...I did, but it had been a while.
We were about an hour away from Manhattan, and I know what you're thinking, "Amelia, what are you talking about, Manhattan is in New York!" Well, there are two Manhattan's that I know about in the U.S., one in New York, and one in the middle of Kansas. Our friends lived there, and we were stopping by before we went the last leg of the way.
We had picked out a house during spring break, but at the time I was too worried about me going to high school! If you've ever lived in Enterprise, AL, you'll know that the school system is all messed up. Kindergarten has its own school, elementary is all the way to 6th, then 7th is by itself at Coppinville, and then 8th and 9th is middle school, and then you get three years in high school. I was going to be in the 9th grade this year. But at least we were moving in the summer. I had all summer to get use to my new home.
Rolling my eyes, and turned away from the tinted window, and pulled my journal of my "fun" bag. It was my newer book, Nileve. I had been working on it for a while, while my other one was being typed, and edited on my laptop, which was currently no good. I grabbed my pencil, and sharpened it really quickly, and started to work on it for a while, but my brain cramped, and I had to put it aside. I went back to the window. Car rides were so very annoying! Not to mention my little sister, Ally, whining the whole way! "I have to use the bathroom!", and, “Where are we?!", and so on. What a pain!
Finally, we entered Manhattan city limits, and I let out a breath of relief. My mom said, "Oh, come on, it wasn't that bad." I thought to myself, "Yeah, it was.", but only said, "You're right." We pulled into our friends' driveway, and their older daughter, Caitlin, was waiting on the porch for us. I smiled, and waved as she did a little welcoming dance. That's Caitlin for you! She's so bubbly! I laughed to myself, and when my mom finally stopped the car, I jumped out, and stretched my legs.
Cat walked up, and squished me in a huge bear hug. My eyes started to bug out, and I jokingly said, "I can't breathe, Cat." Cat laughed, and let me go. I said, "It's great to see you again!"
She smiled, and replied, "You too! You've grown!"
I joked, "And all your bones are whole!" She laughed. I heard Ally get out of the car, and rushed up, and glomped Cat and my mom soon followed, and waved at Cat.
Cat let out a little laugh, "Why don't I go get the others? Or you could surprise my mom again like you did for her birthday, Mrs. B? Where's Uncle Berry?"
My mom replied, "He's already at Carson. He had to get there last week. We're on the scenic route. And you're still as silly as ever! No, I'm not going to scary your mom again. Can we head in?"
Cat smiled, "Sure! You need any help with-"
My mom stopped her, "No, we'll come and get our bags later." I let out a mental sigh; we were going to be staying for a while! That meant no more car rides! For right now, that is... Cat lead up inside the house, and I was immediately greeted by Cat's sister, Kori, and their parents, Mr. Scott, and Mrs. Christen. I had known the Bridegams my whole life, literally! My dad couldn't make it to my birth, cause I was a month early, but Mrs. Christen was there for my mom. I still thought it was kinda weird...
My mom went off with the adults, and later came back with the luggage, and I was happy to be informed that their Jack Russell, Sprocket (who had been ours), had recently "emptied his tank." That made me laugh for a long time! That dog could never be house trained, not that he wasn't better than before. And Husker! The sweet, female, yellow lab was getting old, but she was as sweet as ever.
Before I knew it, we were downstairs, talking about the drive. Ally did more of the talking, and I soon back into my book. That is, before Kori pulled me out of it. Personally, I wanted to play one of the imaginary games we use to play back in Tenseness, way back when, but I knew they wouldn't sign on. I was the only one who really liked going off into my own made up world any more. But I didn't think it was because I was immature. More of, because I'm an author! I like to live the things I write, though my life isn't much to write about.
So, one thing lead to another, and Cat went off to chat to some friends (after a few "sorry's"), and Kori started showing us some of her anime drawings. Ally really liked this. So, I went back to my book, but this time, I pulled on my iPod, and started to listen to my favorite song: Superstar by Barlow Girls. It had to be my life story! About an hour later, and the TV was on, and the sun was starting to set. Cat came back out, and turned off my music," Really, Amelia! Are you going to work on that book your whole visit?!"
I laughed, and closed my journal, "I'd be done by now if you would stop interrupting me!" Ally snickered, and I shot her a angry glance. She retreated with a whine. I set my book aside, "What time is it? I'm starving!"
Kori sat up, "About 6, and if you're so hungry, why didn't you say something?!"
I laughed, "Well, I didn't know! Sorry, I was at work!"
Ally said, "With what, that nonsense you call 'art'!"
I growled at her, literally, and bit back, "You wouldn't know a work of fine art if it hit you in the face, Ally!"
Cat put her hand on my shoulder, "Come on now, don't start fighting already!" I rolled my eyes, but nodded. Ally snickered again, but I could tell she thought I had won.
About a half hour later, we had a little bit of supper, I wasn't hungry as I thought I was, and I went to bed soon after. It has been a long day.
Back to top Go down
http://wolf85.forumotion.com
This Chic
Most Active User
Most Active User
This Chic

Author's License's by This Chic Empty
PostSubject: Re: Author's License's by This Chic   Author's License's by This Chic EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Chapter One - Moving (Part 2)

I woke up the next morning with a stiff back. That was from the car ride. Did I mention I hated them? I sighed, and got up, and stumbled around the basement trying to figure out what time it was. I found the clock, and saw it was a little before 6. I sighed, why did my alarm clock have to stay in my head?!
Not wanting to wake anyone up, I found my fun bag, and fumbled around in it, trying to find my DSi so I could play while everyone was asleep. Or at least, check in on my web site. With no lights, and not wanting to turn any on, this task was difficult. But finally (after dumping the contense in the bathroom with the door closed) I found that my DSi was no longer in my fun bag. But before I jumped that Ally had stolen it, I remembered I had let her watch some videos off it the night before. So, I walked back into the room where Ally was sleeping, and slide it out from under her pillow.
After I got it together, and repacked my bag (more like shoved the stuff back into it), I walked back into the living room area of the basement, and sat down on one of the Bridegams brown sofas. I flipped the blue screen open, and hit the power button. About 5 minutes later, I had my website open, and was done on it about 5 minutes later.
With nothing more to do, since it was too dark to read or write, and I didn't have any light but to go sit in the bathroom (which I considered for a while, but the tub wasn't as soft as the sofa), I pulled out my iPod from my pocket, and started to listen to music again. Before I knew it, it was bright enough to see, and with some strain, write. But that also meant, "HHHAAAA!!" Yup, I knew it, Ally was up.
Ally was, and is, slow at getting up, but I knew I had about two minutes until she was. So, and turned off my iPod, and closed my book (which I had only gotten one or two sentences done), and waited for her to come it. I checked the clock, 8:15. Wow, I had been listening to music for awhile. Ally got up for a while, but she went back to sleep. Not much to do in the morning in the middle of summer but sleep, huh?
Well, I couldn't. I had gone to bed early, and my alarm was known to get stuck in my head. So, I got back on my DSi, and to my website. This time, one of my closest friends, Madi was on. I sighed, but then started to wonder what on earth so was doing up so early. So, we started chatting, and I got my answer soon enough.
Madi's mom had had a daughter in March, Audrey. But, that also means, you guessed it, crying. Madi couldn't go back to sleep after Audrey had woken her up about a half an hour ago. But, still, I was some what happy. I was bored! We chatted for I don't know how long, talking about the drive, and what was going on in Enterprise, and so, till we ran out of topics, and started shouting "Mangos!" and "Off with her head!" to one another.
Eventually, Madi left for breakfast, and I turned my DSi back off. It was about 10 now. Maybe someone would be up. I could hear the adults, and dogs upstairs, so I waited a few more minutes before heading up. Kori was up too. I smiled, and realized the moms had made breakfast, by many requests for a "big Mrs. Briana breakfast" as it was formally called between our families. One of the two things that must be served when we see each other, that, and fried chicken.
I served my plate, and was greeted by my mom with her traditional, "How'd you sleep?"
I replied after swallowing a bite of bacon, "Good, yours?"
My mom said, "Good." I was able to finish my meal in peace after that. Not that I don't love my mom, I was just hungry, which is rare with me and breakfast.
Afterwards, Kori and I went into the living room downstairs and started to watch TV before Ally and Cat finally woke up, and headed upstairs to eat. After the other two headed up, Kori asked, "You want to go swimming later on?"
I smiled, and nodded, "Sure. Which pool? I still can't hop a fence."
She laughed, "Lol, don't worry, we won't make you." I laughed, and we waited till the others came downstairs. Kori brought up us going swimming to Cat, and Ally, and this they signed onto. Well, at least we would all be together this time.
A little after noon, we started to change. I pulled my red one piece swimsuit out of our suitcase. I liked it cause an old friend of mine had said I looked like a life guard. That was the nickname I got at the swim party I was at when I first wore it. I was just glad it still fit. I tied my brown hair up in a ponytail. Thankfully I had remembered a ponytail in my bag.
Quickly grabbing my towel, not wanting to hold us up any longer, I slipped on my flip-flops and rushed outside where Kori was waiting already in her suit. Cat and Ally came out soon after. Cat and Kori lead the way, and soon we were in the pool. It was a beautiful day, but probably the hottest that would hit all summer. Well, for us at least, I mean, it gets colder once you move up into the mountains, right?
I jumped in, and made a huge splash. Well, as big a one as I can make, but that was nothing to Cat and Ally's splash when they jumped in soon after, "soaking" me at the other end of the pool. I laughed, and swim over to the other side, and splashed Ally with my hand. She grinned, and splashed me back harder. I rolled my eyes, and pulled myself up on the side of the pool, but I got pushed in by Kori from behind. I turned around, and pulled her in, with the help of Cat. That had to be the biggest splash we made.
About two hours or so after we got there, sadly rain clouds started to roll in. Weather is so strange. We all reluctantly got out of the pool, wrapped up in our towels, and headed back home. As soon as I was dry, I pulled my jeans and T-shirt back on. I leaned back on the sofa again, and listened to my friends talking, commenting every once in a while. But I was thinking. More of daydreaming. I do that a lot. A LOT! Side effect to being an author, I say.
We had a late lunch, small, but filling, and then went back downstairs. I pulled out my book, but Cat said, "If we play an imaginary game like we use to, will you put up that book?!"
I laughed, "Are you a mind reader? Fine, fine!" I set it aside, "What do you want to do?"
Kori said, "You pick. You're the author."
Ally sighed, "You shouldn't have said that."
I laughed, and grinned, "She's right, you know. You've really gotten yourself into something now!" I started to think, and this took a while. My brain was on major cramping from writing. Finally, I came up with something, "Something I think you'll like, Kori. And our royalty fans, too." I looked at Ally and Cat at this point, "Imagen' it! Ancient Japan. The soon to be high queen Izial, and her younger sister, Alithi, are traveling across the countryside. Their father said that they must marry princes from a foreign land. But arranged marriage is not for them. In secret, they rush to the streets of the capital, and find to young girls training to be ninjas. But because they're girls, they aren't able to train in the ninja schools, and train with the left over parts from the school. But this is their chance to shine! The highnesses' cousin is the queen of a foreign land on the other side of the country. If they can only get there!"
I stopped to take a breath, "So?!" I liked the plot a lot, well, as much as I can for a short living plot, "You can play around with the names. I just thought of those on the spot." I let out a small laugh.
Back to top Go down
http://wolf85.forumotion.com

Author's License's by This Chic
Page 1 of 1